By Jonathan Lee,Fumitaka Matsuoka,Edmond Yee,Ronald Nakasone
A source excellent for college students in addition to normal readers, this two-volume encyclopedia examines the variety of the Asian American and Pacific Islander religious experience.
• Covers either universal motifs in Asian American non secular tradition, equivalent to chinese language New yr gala's and mortuary rituals, in addition to many newly demonstrated religion traditions
• includes entries on hardly addressed issues inside of Asian American faith, equivalent to Hezhen Shamanism
Read or Download Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes] PDF
Best religious studies books
Medieval Europe was once a hotbed of rebel opposed to spiritual dogma. fairly offensive to the confirmed church have been the perspectives of the Cathars, whose dualist ideals Rome condemned as heretical. via various literary works, this publication explores the dualist non secular move which constructed as a tradition of the hundreds and came about in Europe among the twelfth and seventeenth centuries.
Within the many years following the second one global warfare, North the US and Western Europe skilled frequent secularization and dechristianization; many students have pinpointed the Nineteen Sixties as a pivotally very important interval during this decline. The Sixties and past examines the scope and importance of dechristianization within the western global among 1945 and 2000.
This quantity brings jointly the entire facts bearing upon the procreative ideals of the Australian Aborigines and matters it to a systematic exam within the mild of organic, social and mental examine. First released in 1937. This variation reprints the revised version of 1974.
Conventional interpretation of the biblical references to Lucifer establish the identify with devil, the satan. now not so, says Dr. Sagie Govender. during this daring, new, paradigm-challenging exam of the Luciferian and comparable passages within the Bible, Dr. Govender builds a persuasive, step-by step argument that those passages—and the identify Lucifer itself—refer to not the satan, the Adversary and Accuser of the brethren, yet to Adam, the 1st guy, the prototype human created by way of God in His personal photograph.
- The Bible in the Public Square: Its Enduring Influence in American Life (Biblical Scholarship in North America Book 27)
- Spirits in Culture, History and Mind
- Is Jesus Obsolete?
- The End Is Not Near: How the Culture of Fear Has Corrupted Democracy, Built an Empire, and Eroded Our Intellectual Life
- Irenaeus, Joseph Smith, and God-Making Heresy (Fairleigh Dickinson University Press Mormon Studies Series)
Extra resources for Asian American Religious Cultures [2 volumes]